CERTIFICATE COURSE: CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEVISION (CCTV) INSTALLATION
A CCTV Technician performs specific duties and responsibilities, under supervision of supervisor or Team Lead for CCTV Installations & Operations, which consist of directing, coordinating, planning, designing, operating, installing, troubleshooting and routine maintenance of video surveillance cameras and systems connected with project specification / codal provision. A CCTV Technician also responsible for installing and maintaining closed circuit television system.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping.
- Work in a team, understand and practice soft skills, technical English to communicate with required clarity.
- Understand and explain the concept in quality tools and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality.
- Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources.
- Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth.
- Understand and apply basic computer working, basic operating system and uses internet services to get accustomed & take benefit of IT development.
Understand the fundamental elements that make up a CCTV System.
- Set up a Camera
- Set up a Monitor
- Set up Network devices
- Set up Encoder and Decoders
- Set up recording devices (NVR & DVR, VMS)
- Set up Server and Storage
- Set up UPS/DCPS
- Set up Pole and foundation
- Connect up and test system elements
- Adjust the Back Focus of a lens to prevent picture going out of focus from day to night.
- Setup For Wireless communication
- CCTV Technician
- CCTV Operator
Entry RequirementsThe following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level)/NABTEB or its equivalent with Credit passes in English Language and any Two (2) relevant subjects
- Mature Candidates with related experience
- Candidates awaiting Results in the current year of application