DIPLOMA IN MASS COMMUNICATION
The programme involves training and equipping learners with the current technologies in communication and media industry.
Upon completion of the programme, learners should be able to:
- Describe principles of broadcasting
- Discuss the history of Nigeria mass media
- Explain reporting and news writing methods
- Understand principles and practice of public relations
- Apply critical thinking skills to the understanding of mass media
- Display an understanding of the historical, ethical and current legal framework in which mass communication has evolved in a global society
- Demonstrate knowledge of written, visual, multimedia and social media literacies as practiced in the related mass communication industries in the 21st century
- Develop and use original content for different media formats, including written, visual, radio, internet etc
Journalist, Reporters, News Broadcaster, Film Director, Radio Jockey, Editor, Sub-Editor, Public Relations Officer, Critic, Columnist, Freelancer, Media Consultant, etc.