DIPLOMA IN HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
Learners will be equipped with historical movement and issues of international and global importance. The programme is expected to acquaint the learners with the past and current events which have impacted and are impacting significantly on mankind.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Describe political economic, social, cultural and religious aspect of African history
- Identify and describe the contours and stakes of conversations among historians within defined historiographical fields
- Discuss international relations theory
- Apply historical methods to evaluate critically the record of the past and how historians and others have interpreted it
- Demonstrate basic historical research skills, including (as appropriate) the effective use of libraries, archives, and databases
Demographer, Diplomat, Foreign Affairs Analyst, Immigration Specialist, International Educator, Investment Advisors, Journalist, Journalist/Foreign Correspondent, Law Human Rights, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Political Scientist/Risk Analyst, Private Sector, Relief Coordinator.