CERTIFICATE COURSE: PROFICIENCY IN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
This course emphases on the principles of cultivating of effective writing and speaking skills. The course is not only theoretical but also comprises practical demonstration.
By the end of this course the learner should be able to;
- Develop paragraphs in a logical and coherent manner
- Gain active listening and responding skills
- See things from other points of view
- Increasing self-confidence and self esteem
- Deliver effective public speech.
- Students will be able to understand and apply knowledge of human communication and language processes as they occur across various contexts, e.g., interpersonal, intrapersonal, small group, organizational, media, gender, family, intercultural communication, technologically mediated communication, etc. from multiple perspectives.
- Students will be able to understand the research methods associated with the study of human communication, and apply at least one of those approaches to the analysis and evaluation of human communication.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Social and digital media
- Public relations
- Marketing and advertising
- Human resources
- Writing and publishing
- Meeting and event planning
Entry RequirementsThe following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level)/NABTEB or its equivalent with Credit passes in English Language and any Two (2) relevant subjects
- Mature Candidates with related experience
- Candidates awaiting Results in the current year of application