CERTIFICATE COURSE: MEDICINAL PLANT
This course will include a survey of commonly used medicinal and aromatic plants.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Identify different medicinal and Aromatic plants available in different parts of the country.
- Perform nursery management, domestication and harvesting practice of MAPs.
- Carryout processing of MAPs for value addition.
- Develop different products from MAPs.
- Carryout Marketing, Branding and quality management of MAPs.
- Carryout work at medicinal and aromatic plants farms, governmental and nongovernmental organizations, processing products development organizations as Junior Technician.
- Become self-employed in related sectors.
- Herbal supplement analyst
- Director, chemical development
- Computational scientist
- Process development scientist
- Process chemistry consultant
Entry RequirementsThe following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level)/NABTEB or its equivalent with Credit passes in English Language and any Two (2) relevant subjects
- Mature Candidates with related experience
- Candidates awaiting Results in the current year of application