CERTIFICATE COURSE: FISH BREEDING
This course emphases the scientific knowledge and methods necessary for aquaculture. It also focuses on practical aspects of handling and care of fish.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Understand the modern methods and techniques in planning, design, management and operation of fish farming.
- Understand a number of scientific and technical aspects in the fish husbandry area.
- Understand the anatomy, physiology, behavior and health of fish.
- Undertake work-related experience in the land-based sector (Aquaculture).
- Develop business ideas and carry out investigative projects in the land-based sector (Aquaculture).
- Farm Manager
- Farm Officer
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Officer
Entry RequirementsThe following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level)/NABTEB or its equivalent with Credit passes in English Language and any Two (2) relevant subjects
- Mature Candidates with related experience
- Candidates awaiting Results in the current year of application